I know of an opening for a USB kernel engineer at one company.
I'm told Joyent is growing like crazy.
And Nexenta is hiring! In fact, here are some of the opportunities we have open at Nexenta:
- QA leads. We have two positions for folks with skills and knowledge to design and build, and run, automated testing of the operating system, with a particular focus on storage and networking. Expertise in NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, ZFS, and the surrounding areas would be highly useful. Good communication skills, shell scripting or perl skills, and an ability to work in the office in Mountain View, are all required. Previous QA leadership preferred.
- Support engineers. We need support engineers across the globe. People who can answer the phone, and triage problems. Solaris or UNIX experience, ZFS clue, good troubleshooting and triage skills, and excellent communication skills are necessary.
- Kernel software engineers. I need people with deep TCP/IP, SCSI, Storage, and Filesystems expertise. Solaris expertise highly preferred, but can substitute FreeBSD or Linux kernel expertise. Highly motivated self-driven super-stars only.
- Sustaining software engineers. Excellent troubleshooting and kernel expertise is required. Expertise in one or more of TCP/IP, SCSI, storage, and filesystems is preferable. Solaris expertise highly preferred.
- IT staff. We have one opening for a mid-level IT engineer. Must be able to deal with Solaris, Linux, Windows, phones, and cantankerous development staff.