Audio Driver Poll
I'm interested in collecting data about audio devices that folks are using. So, I've a few questions, which maybe folks could send answers to me. Here are the questions:
- Is there already support in Solaris for your audio devices/needs? (If yes, stop here, and no need to send me any information -- you're already covered as a "mainstream" user.)
- If you're using 4Front's OSS, and you're using a hardware driver other than apci97, hdaudio, ich, via8233, atiaudio, then please let me know what driver you are using, and what the actual audio hardware is (cat /dev/sndstat might be useful here.) (If the audio is built into a motherboard, I'd like to know the make/model of computer, and the rough date -- year -- that you purchased it.)
- Do you use/would you use hardware MIDI support?
- Are you using digital audio (Dolby Digital/AC3, and/or SPDIF) on your Solaris system? If so, please provide detail.
- Do you have any use for more than a single active input source? (I.e. do you need more than a microphone, or line input, to be supported simultaneously for recording?) If so, please provide detail.
- Do you have any other audio needs for Solaris beyond normal business/consumer audio? (I.e. I assume that most folks want audio good enough for DVD playback, gaming, and video conferencing.) Particularly, if you want to use Solaris audio to do production work, internet radio broadcasting, etc. then I'd like to know about that.
- If the answer to #1 is "no", then if you're willing, I'd like to have your e-mail address so that I might contact you to discuss your particular needs/application further.