Location: Redmond, WA
Seeking a talented NetBSD software developer interested in helping Danger (a subsidiary of Microsoft) ship the next generation of Danger’s Sidekick platform. Specifically, we’re looking for NetBSD developers interested in commercializing the NetBSD platform for an embedded mobile computing device, focusing on performance and optimization, bug fixing, and integration with Danger’s higher-level platform code, with an emphasis on kernel and driver support.
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 8+ years experience with C
- Strong understanding of OS concepts (particularly with NetBSD) such as multi-threaded program design and synchronization, processes & memory protection, etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong understanding of the NetBSD/GNU and embedded development & debugging techniques
- Deep understanding of NetBSD, including timers, RPC, TCP/IP, etc.
- Experience with ARM processors highly desirable
So, not Windows CE or some other Windows platform. Cool. Wonder when they'll start posting job offers for Solaris engineers? (Probably as soon as Solaris is useful for small embedded devices -- i.e. I wouldn't hold my breath. :-)