I'm feeling marginalized... it means that when folks first upgrade a system on SWAN to OpenSolaris, I won't be able to login unless they also remember to "pkg install SUNWtcsh". (This also creates a PITA for me on my network, but I've added a secondary user account ... "gdamoreb" with bash as its login shell to my NIS passwd file just so I can work around this.)
Anyway, compared to other decisions that this team has made, I definitely feel "marginalized". Look at some other stuff on the LiveCD:
- Not one, but two different e-mail packages (T-bird and Evolution)
- A number of "gnome" games that simply don't work at all.
- Two different versions of "vi" (/usr/bin/vi != /usr/xpg4/bin/vi)
- Unuseful "esd" (enlightenment sound daemon, not used by default)
- A number of not terribly useful device drivers ("pcelx", "pcram", etc.?) I'm going to work on EOF'ing some of these ancient device drivers.
If you feel the same way, please go ahead and put a comment in the bug report.